Bulk Buy - whats a profit !

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Bulk Buy - whats a profit !
  • From: "jtankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:37:54 -0000

Its a realy difficult one this, I have done a few, the largest ended
up with nearly =A310,000 of equipment, when I had a final total I made
about =A320 !

I started with the idea of making NO proffit i did it because i
thought that wifi was so good for Home Auto this would mean that
people could get the stuff and share the benifit. Just as I had had
the benifit of the DDAR's

There has to be some spare because things go wrong, the last wifi
one has gong wrong a bit, one gold wifi card lost, I jhad some money
spare at london and purchased drinks, however because I still had to
deliver the AP's and in many cases I had not taken the money for a
extra despstch coupled with the lost card and a extra delivery I am
about =A3104 down at the moment. That does not inculde time which I
can assure you all can be considerable I would say that the last two
bulk buys may have taken 2 full days of my time (plus 2 full days
for my mother in law packing the stuff)

I did not do this for profit, others may decide they want something
for the effort, I dont mind provided:-

They make it clear there is a margin
They give a indication of the amount
If it goes wrong they stand the difference

Would a do another bulk buy, perhaps, but i think its time for
others to take turns and see how easy it is

Look at the effort with the FJ's the poor man is still trying to
compleate that, I volintered to delay receiveing mine so others
could get there hands on the first batch and now I dont have any,
the poor man is still fighting to get the balance of the units.

John (still got server problems) Tankard

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""
3D""

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk