Re: Hmevision ir transmitter

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Hmevision ir transmitter
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:24:57 -0000

Frank,

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Frank Mc Alinden" <armagh@b...> wrote:

>         Why do you need 8 emitters on each zone?. I would have
thought maybe
> 2 emitters per zone would be enough?.

because the emitters are effectively /inside/ the target device, so
that for example 2 identical CD players (for different zones) can be
independantly controlled without the worry that ir from one zone
would leak and control both players... so up to 8 bits of kit per
zone ..

>When you say you are just starting out
> i assume you mean dabbling in electronics if so have a look at
these sites.

Yes, that's it.. i've messed about a little, but this is the
first 'from the groud up' project...

> http://www.rentron.com/index.html    and this one
> http://www.poptronics.com/interactive/index.html

Thanks for the links... :D

Andy

You'd
> > have to bear in mind that I'm just learning at the moment.
> >
> > I noticed that you said you were using 3 port pins, which sounds
> > better than using 8...
> >
> > Essentially I'm looking at providing an  8 zone with 8 emitters in
> > each zone, plus an indicator (as you say) for status indication.
Also