From: MIME:luc.degrande@xxxxxxx at INTERNET
Sent: 29 May 2002 13:18
To: White, Peter; ukha_d@xxxxxxx at Internet
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] X10 availability in the US

> > Phillip Harris wrote:
> > > Before anyone gets too excited ... Remember that the US RF u= ses a
> > > different frequency to the UK RF modules and therefore they<= BR> > > won't talk
> > > to each other.
> >
> > ...which means you need a US RF transmitter *and* at least
> > one US RF reciever to transmit the commands onto the powerline. >
> And the ability to convert it to 240VAC operation...
>
> Phil

And when all this is done, there will be one major problem left:
It will only work in single phase installations. Due to the 50-60Hz
difference the timing of the modulated signal on the powerline is not
correct for 3phase. It will only work for devices connected to the same
phase.

Luc.

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk Post message:
ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx