habuy - problems

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: habuy - problems
  • From: "jtankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:12:18 -0000

I had big problems with it last night at 22:50 - 00:58, some bastard
sent several virus's to it.... 1121 infected messages ! it only
stopped when my router hit its 01:00 shutdown.

I was in bed by then, but looking at the logs it took some time to
clear the mess up, i am slightly worried, because it was working with
DK's startup virus def's it had not reached its update time 06:00!

To be safe I am thinking of starting again from scratch.

Has anyone had and dodgy mail form habuy or john@xxxxxxx ?

If i do re-install I am going to re-create all my accounts and lists
on mdaemon (because its much quicker) this will mean that habuy will
get deleted ! sorry.

I am also thinking of perhaps just useing exchange server (and that
does not handle mailing lists). if I do go down that route does
anyone know of a virus scanner for exchange server that does not cost
a arm and a leg ?

John