RE: PC interface to door push

Actually Ian, couldn't this be done in a much simpler fashion with a serial
port, by just putting the bellpush switch across a couple of the serial port
control lines, - say either DSR or DTR and RI? - the theory being that you
configure the serial port to assert DSR or DTR to high all the time, then
the pushbutton causes a RING signal when pressed?

or is this utter b*llocks?

Paul G.