RE: Has anyone got Sky+ with IR control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Has anyone got Sky+ with IR control
  • From: "Keyvan Rahimian" <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:17:14 +0100

Hi

I have Sky+ PVR connected to the rest of my HT - Denon receiver, Sony TV, DVD, etc.
I also have a Slink-e with IR to control a CD jukebox and IR.
I have Homeseer talking to the Slink-e for IR control. I used the Slink-e learn function (EZ Learn) to teach Sky+ IR codes.
I can control the Denon with IR commands from the Slink-e but the Sky+ commands are very hit & miss.
I suspect it might be the IR emitter (stick-on dual unit connected via mini-jack) being placed badly on the Sky+ facia.
There is no area marked as IR Receive or similar marking as on some other components. It works sometimes...
I wonder if anyone has tried to control Sky+ box with IR emitters and if so ..Where on the box did you stick the emitter.

Thanks

Keyvan R

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor