Re: Showshifter - minimum PC spec?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Showshifter - minimum PC spec?

> Jason,
>
> What capture card do you recommend?
>
> Ideally PCI, so it can go in a Via Eden box... (the ukha_viaproject in
fact) :-)

Oh, now thats a kettle of fish I can't comment on.

I don't have that via board at the moment. I'm trying to keep control of my
array of boxes. I promised no more pc's until I sell one of the old systems
off.

Now, if you accept the tv out quality on the via mainboard, which I covered
earlier with Nik in the tail end of the infamous showshifter & me - all your
base belong to us thread, which is that is has borders, then I would go with
a wintv card for capture.

The reason is, it's the most popular card. Has deinterlacing drivers.
Available everywhere. Bundled remote.

That said, I've had issues before with an abit vp6 board with a pIII 700 not
capturing very well at all. Its an early via chipset and has big issues with
pci busses..

As I said to Nik though, I'm currently piecing together exactly what you
are, but I get the feeling that no one will be lending me a Tivo to compare
it too ;).

If you want to mail me off list, feel free.

Jason

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor