Re: Electronics Gurus brain required...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Electronics Gurus brain required...
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:14:00 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "i.bird@t..." <Ian@M...> wrote:

> *********************HOW TO*************************
> Basically and without thinking it through too much you would have
> HV power from the jack running to the collector (the in) of a
transistor.
> The emitter (the out) from said transistor would run to to base of
another transistor (resistors would be needed).
> The first tranny would be switched by PORTA somehow. This gives the
zoning. Can't remember how PORTA works so I cannot say more now.

> All you need then is a power supply through the IR LEDs to the
collector (the in) of the second transistor
> As above this is being switched by the 'zoning' transistor.
> Connect the emitter to ground and off you go. Again resistors may
be needed to stop the LEDs going pop.

Am I going along the right lines? I'm making some assumptions:

I would need 1 x TR and 1 x TR2 for each Homevision port used (ie the
diagram above is an 8th of what the circuit might look like...

You'll explain what a "decoupling capacitor" is, and where it should
go...and what it does?

Andy