Connecting Powermid IR out to Xantech splitter block

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Connecting Powermid IR out to Xantech splitter block
  • From: "steve_parsons2000" <steve_parsons@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:43:26 -0000

I've got a powermid remote control RF system to control devices in
the study from the living room.  I'm controlling 2 devices in the
study using a dual emitter from the receiver 3.5mm socket.  I now
need to expand the number of devices controlled (to 6).

I've got a Xantech IR block (791-44) & I was under the impression
that by connecting a lead from the 3.5mm socket on the powermid to
the IR input (screw down terminal) of the Xantech block, the IR
signals can then be propogated through the block.  Tried this & it
just doesn't work.  I get nuffink.  Has anyone else out there tried
something similar ?  Should I be using the 3.5mm IR in on the
block ?  Am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. In case anyone was going to suggest using CAT5 & Xantech
receivers its a non starter as I'm getting really bad interference
going down that route.