Re: Re: Meteor Software

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Meteor Software
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:51:41 +0100
On 22 May 2002, at 14:00, Justin Earl wrote:

> Stuart,
> I am using the OCX from Pathway also. I have been in touch with Adrian=
> there and he said he would be prepared to cut a deal to ukha members w= ho
> need the OCX.
> I think that is jolly decent of him, but I don't how people would feel=
> about parting with more cash for CID stuff (the Meteor is expensive > enough!)
>
> If you can work out how to communicate directly with the Meteor will y= ou
> share :-)

Initial success !!!

I've written a new 'control' in C#.net that'll fire a few events on
certain Meteor events being received. I've only got outgoing call
handling working at the moment as a 'proof of concept'.

I'm, errr, ummm, shadowing the Pathway ActiveCID control
implementation as much as possible, at least for now.

This mean I dropped in their ActiveCID1_OutGoingCall sample
code function from test.vb into my noddy test harness, converted
it to C# and it works !!

If I come up with a better interface, then I'll change it.

I think I'll implement the rest of the notifications now. Still lots to do,=
and it's massively rough&ready, but I'm quite pleased as I was
getting well fed up of that silly about box popping up. A few days
effort looks to have saved me =A3100 (for a full distributeable
license for Pathway's ActiveCID control).

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""
3D""