Re: Home Contents Insurance for us gadget junkies...

> And (sad git that I am), I have them databased (not just album/artist
> but searchable under each track name as well), and stacked in alphabetical
> order.  How else you going to find what you're looking for?!

Ah, sad gits alike we are.

> Oh, and in close on 20 years of buying CD's, I've only ever gone into a
> record store twice and bought a CD I already had :o)

I've thought about an iPaq with PocketSQL for this. I have a memory like a,
err, large holey thing. I also tend to suffer from record shop amnesia. I
can stand outside and know exactly what I want, but as soon as I cross the
threshold it's gone. Hence I spend several hours browsing, and emptying my
wallet.

Mind you, I tend not to go into stores these days. I buy most stuff online,
for two reasons. It's cheaper, and also the stores never have what I want.
The only stores I do visit are when I'm in the States, where I tend to wrap
all the CDs/DVDs in socks and home I don't get stopped by customs.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor