Light Switching Problem - Blank Faceplates required?

I've now done a count of how may switches I need in each of my multi-gang
switch locations and have come to the conclusion that I'm in trouble! :-)
At the 6 switch locations in my hall and landing I need to accommodate 11
switches and at  the 12 switch locations in the bedrooms (3 per bedroom in
case anyone thinks that I'm building another Buck House) I need to
accommodate 13 switches.

When I originally installed the back boxes in these locations I had no idea
what my ultimate switch requirement would be, so I took a guess and
installed some MEM boxes that would accommodate 6/8 way grid switches.
Now I know that I could take these boxes out and install some 12 way or even
18 way grid switch boxes but these are very large and in my opinion would
look unsightly.

I'd like to find a back box that I can get a blank faceplate for, that would
accommodate say 16 momentary push buttons, on say a 4 x 4 grid,  as opposed
to the normal 6amp rated grid switches.
As far as I can see from my Newey & Eyre catalogue, the major grid switch
manufacturers don't make a blank faceplates

Does anybody know of a manufacturer that does do large blank faceplates, or
has anybody got any suggestions?

TIA

Tracey

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor