RE: Re: Wiring light switches...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Wiring light switches...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:39:51 +0100

Paul,

I have all the PIRs connected directly to the HV expansion board, IIRC
there are 10 PIRs connected and one pressure mat in terms of occupancy
detection and the schedule reads something like this from memory:

If
      Input Port D1 goes high
      And time is after sunset and before sunrise<= BR>       And Flag XXXX is clear
      And timer PIR timer (for this PIR) is not ru= nning
Then
      X10 A1: Lounge lamps On
      Set X10 device A1 directly to level 32
      Load Timer PIR timer (for this PIR) with 2.3= 0 and start
End if
If
      timer PIR timer (for this PIR) is running Then
      Stop timer PIR timer (for this PIR)
      Load Timer PIR timer (for this PIR) with 2.3= 0 and start
End if
If
      Input Port D1 goes high
      And time is after sunset and before sunrise<= BR>       And Flag XXXX is set
      And timer PIR timer (for this PIR) is not ru= nning
Then
      X10 A1: Lounge lamps On
      Set X10 device A1 directly to level 20
      Load Timer PIR timer (for this PIR) with 2.3= 0 and start
End if

In this way you can control the level of lighting dependant on the flag
or, indeed, another X10 device, simply insert the "and X10 device XXX = is
on" or off instead of a flag.

This also saves HV sending out X10 commands repeatedly by using a timer, so the commands are more accurate and tend to get through, in my place,
I would reckon it works 99.9999999% of the time ;). By using the
dependant on the timer thing the way I do, HV sends no signal unless
there is no movement detected for more than, in this case, two minutes
thirty seconds and only then sends an OFF command. If the PIR is tripped while the timer is running then HV simply cancels the timer and restarts it, loops and repeats until it detects no movement. Repeating the ON
command seems a common mistake and if HV is trying to fire out signals
repeatedly then this will cause huge delays due the traffic on the
powerline of X10 commands, this was designed to get around that problem.
HTH

K.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/te= rms/

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or