Re: Terminal Services - was Fast PCAnywhere equivalent

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Terminal Services - was Fast PCAnywhere equivalent
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:04:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "psghome2002" <psghome@h...> wrote:
> Ah,
>
> I have created another user on the server and modified the startup
> menu OK.
>
> What I really want to do is logon to the Admin desktop (which is
> already running as part of the auto-login) so I can see all the
apps
> running and results/logs etc.
>
> Is this not possible with TS, unlike XP's desktop sharing?

Terminal Services is designed to start a new session when you
connect, remote desktop is designed to use the desktop remotely, the
two are not the same even though the same client software can be used
to access them. So as far as I know you can not achieve what you want
to with TS.

However there is another option, you could use netmeeting. I use that
at work to control a desktop on a server from my laptop. Net meeting
can control the actual 'live' desktop so you could have it configured
to start up under the admin logon on the server and then access the
desktop from another net meeting client.

The disadvantage with netmeeting is the availability of clients, I am
pretty sure that there is no client for an ePOD for example and I am
not sure about other PDA based clients. Also I would have no idea
what wireless performance is like, but it seems to work OK over a
normal LAN.

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor