Re: [OT] GPRS Advice please

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] GPRS Advice please
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:59:03 -0000

APN =3D Access Point Network.

VodaFone offered several options:

GPRS Handset - Private (closed user group) APN - Leased Line - Your
Corp Network

GRPS Handset - Private APN - Frame relay Network (being
discontinued) - Your Corp Network

GPRS Hanset - Private APN - Internet via secure tunnel - Your Corp
Network

Alternatively, they offer the public APN but this is limited to HTTP
traffic only and has a graphics compressor which you may or may not
want.

We were interested in the third option as little had to be done at
our end apart from modifying the firewall to let traffic through
>from yours apparently).

If anyone's interested, I've got their PowerPoint presentation -
just need to check there's no Company Confidential stuff in there.

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> OK perhaps a dumb question BUT if the network (i.e. the one here at > work.) has a permanent connection to the net would you need a APN
(which
> is a abrev for what>?) and why?

> Many Thanks
> Rob
> Rob Mouser
> rmouser@t...
> rob@m...

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=3D= egroupweb/S=3D1
705
> 041992:HM/A=3D1155070/R=3D0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-
1736-1039
> -302>
>
> For more information: http:= //www.automatedhome.co.uk
> <http://www.automatedhom= e.co.uk
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

> <http://docs.yahoo.co= m/info/terms/> Service.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D"Click 3D"Click 3D"Avucue2 3D"ACUVUE 3D"FreshLoo= 3D"Focus 3D"Get
Click here to find your contact lenses!

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk