Re: Fast PCAnywhere equivalent

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fast PCAnywhere equivalent
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:02:29 -0000

The server that I've setup is running all my HA stuff + mail + file
sharing etc. I've got ACE, HV, Satellite connection etc on it.

Will TS interfere with this in any way - I want to directly control
these apps (for setup and testing - which'll be ongoing). So, if TS
runs a new instance of them, that is no good I guess?

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <tony.butler@r...> wrote:
> > Try WinVNC
> >
> > http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
> >
> > It's very good and fast
>
> Have to disagree with you there Neil.
> It's good, but not fast.  Not compared to terminal servies anyway.
> I've tried tight VNC too which is supposed to be faster.
> Don't get me wrong, I like VNC but I find it sluggish even over a
100mb lan
> compared to virtually instantaneous responses from terminal
services.
> OTOH, vnc is multiplatform, which some ppl like.....
>
> The original message has not come through to me yet (stoopid
system) so I
> don't know why it's required.
> You can use terminal services to remote control a pc (eg user
logged on,
> doesn't know where the start button is - you remote control their
pc and
> wave the mouse over the start button) rather than logging in as a
new
> session and locking out the original user.  Is this an option here?
>

> tony

>       Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
> As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information,
> if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorised to
> retain, read, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
> The Royal Bank of Scotland is registered in Scotland No 90312
> Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
> Regulated by the Financial Services Authority

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor