keyfob sized ir remote?

  • To: "ukha_d" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: keyfob sized ir remote?
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:43:43 +0100

About a week ago SWMBO became stranded when her car key failed to work. Although the car could be opened manually the immobiliser couldn't be de-activated. The key uses IR.
I came to the rescue with the spare and promptly purchased some new batteries for the duff one. Unfortunately dead batteries weren't the problem.
After a visit to the local Renault dealer it transpires we need a new key - a mere £100 !!!!!!
Frankly that just pis**es me off. There can't be more than a couple of £'s worth of bit in there FFS, but basically they can charge what they like.

Anyway, determined not to give in I have been looking for an alternative. Amazingly (I thought) I have taught my Pronto to open the car using the good key! So my question is, does anyone know where I could get hold of a keyfob learning remote or have any other ideas for a more portable solution :-)

Cheers,
Justin.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor