RE: Bluetooth headsets? (Ken?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bluetooth headsets? (Ken?)
  • From: "Keyvan Rahimian" <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:53:49 +0100

Has anyone tried to get a Nokia 6310i to  talk to a pc by using non-nokia (3com USB) bluetooth adaptor??
I can get it to see the phone (get's and shows the phone name) but can't get nokia desktop software to talk to it :(
I have not been able to get it use the modem (gprs) on the Nokia either. Although I have to check my O2 account to see if I am registered for GPRS.
But it's driving me up the wall!!! Surely it can't be that it only works with Nokia Bt pc kit??!!!

BTW just bought a Nokia Bt headset - in Moscow of all places!! - not yet shipping in UK- it looks and works pretty good...
Have not yet tried it with my pc with the 3com usb Bt adaptor as I left it abroad..
I plan to either get a Bt SD card for my Palm or a new ipaq with Bt - the 3900 ones look nice!! - as I travel a lot and need to dial direct from the PDA and pick up mail on the move.
I jus hope it all works !!!

P.S I believe Plantronics do a model (1500) which comes with a standard 3.5mm jack for connection to non-Bt phones -maybe this works for pc's too