RE: Sharing an ADSL connection on your LAN

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Sharing an ADSL connection on your LAN
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:45:16 +0100

Amar,

Some routers, (like mine, - the Vigor 2200), will do this automatically. -
in the config pages in the router, is a screen to configure the DDNS
settings, it supports most of the popular ones. I use dynDNS.org

some DDNS clients also support registering your routers IP address for you
as well, - depends on the router in question. Again, the DDNS client I have
for DynDNS.org, (Bali DDNS), directly supports various popular routers,
including mine. It works by "scraping" the routers status webpage
and
retrieving the IP from there...

HTH

Paul G.