Re: IR7243AH Manual download wanted

  • To: UKHA Group <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: IR7243AH Manual download wanted
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 20:06:20 +0100 (BST)

>   Just received an IR 7243AH IR controller but without any docs. Does anyone
> know of a download site for the manual for either this, an ordinary IR7243
> or the IR5243 / IR 5243AH ? Intellihomes link is broken.

Unfortunately, the IR7243 doesn't come with any instructions from X-10.
The IR543 has a small page of instruction as follows:

IR543 (61-2658) SET-UP AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS

1. Plug the IR543 Command Centre into any convenient 230VAC outlet.
2. Set the Housecode dial to the same letter as your X-10 or plug 'n power
modules.
3. Set the bank switch on the IR543 for the group of modules you want to
control from the IR543's keyboard (1-4 or 5-8).

To control lights and appliances from the IR543's keyboard:

1. To turn a module oon or off, press and release the corresponding number
button for the Unit Code set on the module, ie. 1, 2, 3, or 4 (or 5,6,7 or
8). Then press the ON button or the OFF button on the IR543's keyboard.
2. To dim or brighten lights connected to Lamp Modules and Wall Switch
Modules, turn the module on as in Step 1 above. Then press and hold the
dim or bright button until the desired brughtness level is reached.
3. Press All Lights On to turn on ALL lights connected to Lamp Modules and
Wall Switch Modules which are set to the same Housecode as the IR543.
NOte: this affects ALL 16 Unit Codes (not just 1-4 or 5-8).
4. Press All Units Off to turn off ALL modules (including Appliance
Modules) which are set to the same Housecode as the IR543. Note this
affects ALL 16 Unit Codes (not just 1-4 or 5-8).

Using the Radio Shack 6-in-1 Remote Control (cat. No. 15-1905):

To set up the Remote Control press the plug 'n power button, then press A,
then B, then followed by 167.

To control plug 'n power modules, press the number button for the
appropriate module. Then press one of the buttons labelled in bluem ie.
ON, OFF, Bright or Dim. Or press All Lights On or All Units Off.

>     Also - anyone else who has one of these - do they all buzz quite loudly
> when plugged in. ??

It shouldn't buzz at all. If yours does, we'll replace it under warranty.
Please let us know and we'll send a replacement unit with return packaging
for the noisey unit.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx Laser Business Systems Ltd.
http://www.laser.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2
Colours at LensExpress.com!