Re: Has ANYONE got the Comfort <> Homeseer plug in working ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Has ANYONE got the Comfort <> Homeseer plug in working ?
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:13:00 -0000

I missed the start of this thread (hectic life etc). For those who
don't know, I wrote the comfort plug-in.

There have been one or two reports of weirdness - which usually turn
out to be comfort related (it seems very idiosyncratic) - but I know
there are many (tens of) happy users out there.

As I tried to explain to Gareth in e-mail previously, the following
is spot on the money, and is also covered in the docs IIRC.

>   > You do realise that the plugin reports the status of the Zones
as 0
>   > or 1, not as ON and OFF. The Homeseer events do NOT respond when
>   you
>   > are looking for a status of ON or OFF. You need to trigger
events
>   > using the option to check for a change in VALUE.

The reason for this is that sensors can report intermediate values
other than just on and off - although the UCM has limited support for
this at present. The Homeseer API is sufficiently brain dead to be
unable to support the concept of an "On"/"Off" threshold/value - so I
didn't have a choice.

>   > While this works nicely if you're just checking for a change in
>   > value, I can't get it to work if I want a conditional trigger.
e.g.
>   > change in value AND it's after sunset.
>   >
>   > I hope this helps with your problem. Perhaps someone can help
with
>   > mine?
>   >

If I've understood what you want to achieve, then this is possible
too, I think.

Within Homeseer:

>From Event Properties page, in Description pane, select event "Type"
as "By condition".

The should change the bottom pane to indicate "Trigger when all of
the given conditions are true".

Multiple conditions can then be added through the dialogue.

Gary, I will send you a screen shot when I have access to a decent
net connection.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor