RE: SliMP3 Bulk Buy

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: SliMP3 Bulk Buy
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:31:43 +0100

One small point on the transcoding  - whilst you are obviously restricted by the original WMA encoding/decoding  the second encoding to mp3 can be performed and streamed to the SliMP3 at very high bit rates as you are over you local LAN so it is better than you would think. There are probably very subtle issues here as to the bit rates chosen for the two related streams to maximise any quality issues though and I have to say source to playback is audibly different particularly in bass response.

    AFAIK I don't think there are any plans to support WMA decoding natively in the player, it will be transcoded.

BTW - the text displayed on the SliMP3 display is fully controllable via both a udp and http api so you can easily display why you want on screen using any HA environment.

    Kevin - music collection to be in mp3 methinks.