Re: Dixons ITVdigiboxes

Stuart Booth (Stuart Booth) wrote:
> Yup, that's the eventual plan after I read that idea here sometime
> ago. But I have no X10 gear in the house with which to implement this.
> I'm guessing that it's a case of CM12A (or something like that)
> interface from the PC, some s/w on the PC to send the timed command
> (e.g. HomeSeer or homebrew), and an X10 module that the ONdodgy box
> plugs into.
> Or is there a simpler way?

Yeah, something to send timed X10... you could get away with one of the
bedside alarm clocks (I use 3 of them and have never bothered finding
out how the timer bit works.....!)

You could of course buy one of el-cheapo 24 hour rotating timer things
which you put pegs in I'm sure..... not sure what granularity you can
get on them.... obviously you don't really want your box off for an hour
because there's a much higher chance of you missing a recording that
way, than if it was a 5 minute cycle.

> Does it turn on again automatically, or turn on when the first button
> press arrives at it from TiVo?
> My Sony SkyDodgyBox (<LOL>! SkyDodgyBox I like that) went into standby
> at one point and I had a load of nothing on the TiVo. I mean to fiddle
> and explore the details but time is my enemy it seems at the moment.

Two things here..... use Grundig 20016 codes for the Tivo.... this
always sends a Sky command to wake up the box.... this means the Tivo
always wakes up the Sky box, but if you've just hard reset it, it might
take a wee minute to wake up, meaning it might miss the channel
change.... depends on your box. You can either get one of the memo zaps
or digimemo from http://www.pacelink.co.uk/ or you can set a manual
repeat recording for 5 minutes just after your reboot time.... basic
quality, keep at most 1, which will always switch on your box and record
whatever channel you've told it to. If you're doing it that way, make
sure your clocks are in sync.... :)

--
Doogie