RE: newbie cable issues + no brainer questions

Brian Reynolds [mailto:brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hi Jonathan, I bought a B&Q Warehouse SDS or Rotary Stop Drill for=
> =A350 a while back, well worth the money! Go get one............... >
> You can use it as an ordinary drill, a "proper" hammer drill= or a
> chisel and with another attachment use it for chasing in conduits.
> It is amazing how easy just drilling masonry holes is with one of
> these, can you tell I like it?

Ok, ok, all this talk of power tools has finally made me bite.

* What is and SDS / Rotary Stop Drill?  Does it stop quickly or sommat= .
* How is it differnent to a normal hammer drill?
* Chisels, on a drill?
* Fancey attachements for chassing coduits and back boxes?

Simpletons explanation please.  I've done most of my cabling by drilli= ng
lots of little holes, and then using a hammer and chizel, or the drill to join the dots so to speak.

Rob

--
    / ___  / /  / / __   / _____ = HOME: chas@xxxxxxx    / /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk