CT100 or CT125?

Hi,

I will be wiring up my house for both lan & video distribution in the
near future and have some questions.

I dont have any issues with the lan side (I will be using cat6 &
cat5e cabling throughout). However Im not sure about the coax side of
things.

I recently got cable installed in the house and while floor boards
were up I took the opportunity to wire up some points for lan & coax.
The coax I used was FT100 cable from maplins (supposed to be
comparable to CT100). When the cable installation guy saw the cable
he told me it was rubbish. Not really knowing much about coax I dont
know if this is true! The cable guy said that all the cable ehy use
is really high quality stuff imported from Canada. I can understand
why they need really good quality cable as they potentially need to
run it for 100s of metres. However does it really matter all that
much for a domestic setup?

Has anyone used the CT100 from maplins? Should I be using CT125? Are
either any good from Maplins? If not where can I pick up some decent
cable for a reasonable price?

Thanks for any help.

Claude