Re: Shuttle & via epia

> Seems a bit of a waste IMO to have 3 - why not combine the internet
> gateway/firewall machine with the MP3 jukebox?

Indeed, I have a gateway/firewall, and an MP3 jukebox which decodes and
plays the MP3s into a Veronica.  Both are P200 machines.

> It doesn't have to do much processing as you will presumably be
> streaming audio to players elsewhere in the house, so one should be well
> capable of both tasks - and indeed the misterhouse etc functionality
> too...

The gateway is also my file server, so if you're using DDARs or
Audiotrons, then it's certainly capable of all 3 tasks from a P200.

Andy
--
Building a community network for Bristol
http://consume.andylaurence.co.uk - updated 03/07

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor