Re: Some DVD bargains if you're interested, including DVDR!

Blimey was a compliment?

Now people want me to argue with them?

Now, I've had a couple of beers since my last post, but I think that was
all!

I have read the rest of the thread as well, and I echo much of it.

I still see PVR and dvdr VCR equiv (dvdr) co existing.

I'm not sure if pvr will ever win.

Mostly because I don't think anyone will make a pvr as good as the Tivo with
a built in dvdr due to legal restrictions.

I did read a post about a new Thomson, but the scheduling was very limited,
no where near Tivo.

Panasonic were launching a dvd-ram and dvd-r based box last time I read up
on set top style dvd
(A while ago as I admitted to ken in a thread earlier) that could timeshift
recordings, but no real scheduling.
Not sure if the philips does already/will do that.

I hope the future is something like fast network between devices and central
house storage. Its logical. Many of us are already attempting it, but that
us hard bitten tech fans..

There are rumours that Tivo are planning something in that area, but the
legal fight in US with sonicblue is holding up a lot of what is possible. I
just hope that case goes Sonic's way rather than the MPAA or whoever.

Then maybe we will be allowed to let technology work for us in the way it
has for big companies. They like it fine when it serves them, not so keen
when it serves us...