RE: Some DVD bargains if you're interested, including DVDR!

* drochaid laughs at the shortsighted twillops

surely the argument on whether PVR or DVD-* is preferable is irrelevant?
what we should be asking [IMHO of course] is when are they going to stop pi= ssing about and give us a PVR with built in DVD-* ?

options to record to HD or DVD on an overview and per program basis ... opt= ions to move a program on HD to DVD and vice versa

the technologies are highly compatible, and really shouldn't be seen as com= petitors

now .. who wants to be first to say I'm talking bollocks?

On 7 Jul 2002 at 21:09, Kenneth Watt wrote:

> Yes and no Mark.
>
> The advantage in a =9Cnormal=9Dconsumer=99s eyes is that the DVDR form= at is
> portable to other locations, a PVR by its nature is not and when
> discussing the likes of TiVo with people that are not as tech
> orientated as we are this is the one thing that kills the argument in =
> their favour. Personally, I can live with a PVR and indeed do, but > when some relative asks me to record something it=99s a pain in the as= s
> to do it and the quality, even from S-VHS is not brilliant, but then <= BR> > I can=99t use S-VHS cassettes because the vast majority of people I > know do not have a VHS deck capable of playing them back.
>
> However, most of them do have a DVD deck that is fairly recent, so > suits me, suits them. ;)
>
> Remember also that most consumers know what a VHS deck is, they know <= BR> > what a DVD deck is but many have not got the first clue what a PVR > is.
>
> K.

Calum Morrell
http://www.drochaid.org

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk