RE: Re: OT - DVD writers

Title: [ukha_d] Re: OT - DVD writers

---Original Message-----
From: treloar_tech [mailto:jasonjlee@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sun 07/07/2002 15:06
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: OT - DVD writers
>       > > I was over-simplifying about the archive usage - the HDD
is question is,
>       > itself, backed up, to an Application Service Provider with
a full HSM
>       backup
>       > offering that does a full delta-block backup...

My point was Mark, that this one disk backup at work is not your only
backup of that data.

---- No. This one disk at work is NOT A BACKUP. It is an ARCHIVE. Archives and Backups are completely different things. I have never said it was a backup. From the time I mentioned it, I described it as an archive.

So I guess you don't trust 'just the one disk' system with anything
important. No, let me put that another way. I don't need to guess,
you've already told me you don't!

---- Yes - I told you that I didn't trust "just the one disk". But I would be prepared to trust TWO disks on the same LAN. As I said, the "one disk" we keep talking about is an Archive, not a Backup.

I guess this is pong to your ping, but anyway, as I wrote, I can
accept your position is different to mine. Can you not accept
likewise?

---- I can accept your position. I can't accept your mispresenting mine.