From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 5:18 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] BT Satellite Internet - see my pics

If anyone's interested, I had my BT Business 500/1 Satellite
installed yesterday. Great speeds - compares very well with my old
cable modem service so far (except upload speeds only 120Kbps).

Despite BT saying you can't share the 500/1 service (they want you
to buy the older Gilat Skyblaster 180 modem/router which is supposed
to be slower than the 360 that I've got) it is easy to share. I've
used two NIC's on a W2K server and ICS. Works like a dream.

A good solution if you can't get ADSL/Cable but it is quite a lot
more expensive (=A3900 equipment/install and then =A360 per month).

I only ordered it 2 weeks ago - installer was surprised as he said
they've now got 10000 installs country-wide.

The installer worked for SCS (sole contractor for BT he said) -
really knew his stuff and even helped me route the cable up through
the walls, across the loft and down to node 0 - very unusual to get
this level of excellent service. He even left me some new CT125
cable and connectors so I can re-position the Sky dish.

I've posted some photos to the Yahoo photo area:

http://photos.g= roups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/lst

email me if you want to know more. There is a load of good stuff
about the US 'Starband' service which is very similar at:

www.starbandusers.com

Paul.

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk