Re: A Question about X10.

Jason Lee wrote:
> OK, now having done a very scientific test with the switches on the fuse
> box.. It appears that one din module controls every light in the house..
>
> So I don't want to control every light, and indeed I don't think I could
> thru one module as I have every type of light in the house.
>
> So, what options does that leave me gents? If I want seperate control of at
> least 1 of these lights, that is hidden I guess I have to put the Din
> modules at the light end as Doogie has done?

You can either put in the din module at the light end (assuming your
lights are wired in the standard way), re-wire every light back to the
fuse box, or put in an X10 light switch (LW10U) or if you have crazy
wiring with neutrals at the switch end like me, LW11G.

The LW10U does not support extended dimming, preset dim or soft
start/stop locally as Mark mentioned. Both types of switches are pretty
ugly.... :( I believe someone mentioned embedding an LW10U in the wall
with a better switch wired across the momentary terminals...... which
might be a better-looking-switch option... :S

> Oh and LD11's aren't listed at letsautomate but I found them as laser..
> Whats the difference between these and ld10's? Are they wired them same way,
> cause there's do diagram at laser but there is at letsauto..

To all intents and purposes, now they're the same.... The LD10s come
with LD11 software on them, exactly the same thing as an LD11.

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor