Re: A Question about X10.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: A Question about X10.
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:46:05 +0100

Doogie Brodie wrote ;
> There is the kludge of mounting an LD11 somewhere else (eg ceiling rose)
> and mucking around with the wiring a bit between the switch and the
> rose..... Ken Watt described that a while ago, which I was going to do
> until I discovered I had upside down lighting.... my ring was wired with
> the neutrals at the switch end, not at the rose end.......

I've just finished having the house rewired.. and just as the electrician
finishes I "discover" x10. Non of my light switches have neutrals.. they all
switch on the live (which I'm told is the norm?), so I'd assumed I was
stuck,
but are you saying I could actually have a way around this. Would the switch
need replacing with a momentary type, or can it still be a rocker. Do the
LD11's support dimming are are they simply on/off. Can they be used with
the "modern" energy saving bulbs ?

Having said all that, I sort of get the impression that x10 isn't the
panacia I initially thought it was. Am I correct in assuming that there
can be significant delays and interferance ?

marcusw@xxxxxxx "Marcus Warrington"
MIS Computer Services (UK)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor