HV MULTI ZONE RX UPDATE

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: HV MULTI ZONE RX UPDATE
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <armagh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 19:46:08 +1000

Hi All
        Well after a false start with my first attempt at getting multi zone recieving for HV  I now have something happening. I revamped my prototype and installed a pic micro in (pic16F84) to sense the recieved  ir signal and then get which rx is recieving. To test that it works i programmed my dvd ir codes in hv to do the following . The Mute to be detected on zone 1 if so Mute ,the Vol up on zone 2 and if so vol up  and vol down on zone 3 and if so vol down .Next to test it on cat5 i connected a zone rx to a point next to my computer, back at node 0  jumpered and sent the signals it back to a another socket adj computer and plugged into zone4. Transmitted on zone 6 (just to test). The tx signal is being sent via the cat5. Ive put 3.5mm sockets on the rx box so i can get tx signals from my  tx unit using a male to male lead. Worked ok although vol up and down when held pressed every second or third tx gets thru . I think maybe to get quick vol up + down send 2 or 3 on each detection i tried it seems ok. Next i need to add a chip so that there is led indication of active rx (like the tx unit ) build a couple more zone rx units and test and then more testing .Will put some pics on my site maybe on the weekend after i get the led status working.
Sorry for the long post...

Frank Mc

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor