From: Mark Marooth [mailto:MMarooth@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 04 July 2002 09:35
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Fire proofing Node 0 ?

On the Intumescent front,

You can also get this stuff in a strip.  You route a channel right around your
door and place this strip in the channel.  In case fo fire, the strip expands in
the architrave of the door to seal in smoke etc.  You will find this strip
installed in doors in most public buildings etc.

Although it may be stating the bleeding obvious, make sure you have a CO2/BCF
extinguisher in/by/near Node 0.  For the life of me I cannot remember where but
I have seen small systems which look like a normal fire extinguisher but are
activiated by a remote switch (other side of wall).

For those wondering BCF = BromoChloroHexaFlouride

Mark

                  "paul_watkin"
                  <paul_watkin@xxxxxxx
                  use.co.uk>