RE: RF interference

Hi Keith,

I was hoping you'd spot my thread :-)

> The problem with taboo channels is that they mix together and create
> interference frequencies that affect other channels. Every
> device with a
> feed through modulator also amplifies the incoming signal slightly.
>
> It could be that with TiVo in circuit the overall RF level is
> too high.
>
> You can get plug in attenuators that cut the RF level by 6dB
> or 12dB. I have
> had to use some of these before my RF distribution amp otherwise some
> channels suffer strange artifacts.

That's what I was talking about - I suspect this is the problem, but I don't
know
a) what attenuator to get (I think I have a 6dB one lying around somewhere)
and b) where to put it in the circuit:
- On the Aerial in to the first device?
- Mid way down the chain?
- Just before the Tivo input?
- Just before the it goes into the TV?
- Or indeed should I have one on the input to each device?

> As a first step (ie Zero cost) I would suggest plotting your
> channels on the
> Taboo TV guide.

I tried that last nite and kat5.tv was dead.
Today, kat5.tv is alive, but taboo tv is dead :(

> If that fails you need to try attenuation at various points
> in the RF chain
> to find the optimum place to cut the level.

Oh, should have read all your email b4 replying.  Ignore my q's above unless
you have an idea where the best place is to place the attenuator/ multiple
attenuators....

> The best way is with proper measuring equipment but that cost
> loadsamoney
> :-(

Doesn't everything :-[

cheers,