RE: Video Distribution

>                 Just a suggestion for anyone whos running
> lots of Cat5 to
> use with the Kat5 equipment in mind. I would run a figure 8
> cable (speaker
> type cable) back to node 0 from each outlet .This cable would
> supply the dc
> voltage eg 12v  that the modules require . Otherwise those

Too late for me as cable already run, but would the voltage drop on long
runs not be too great for this?

> Tony has the Kat5 switcher specs been released ?

There's some stuff on the kat5.tv site about it, but I think it's all in
keiths head really.
Every now and then one or another of us asks if it will be able to do X and
the answer invariably is 'yes, already thought of that and not only will it
be able to do X, it will be able to do Y and Z also that you never thought
of :-)

So far I have gathered it will:
- Switch 8 sources to 8 outputs independently
- Have two way IR capability
- Provide widescreen switching on pin8/line23
- Be controllable via a web interface/HV/IR
- Have the ability to feed any of the 4 inputs on a source to any output -
so you could feed the left audio of your CD player to the right audio TV
destination, feed your Tv with audio from a CD and video from your PC
controlling the Slinke you have attacked to your PC and CD jukebox etc
- I think there will be a feature to overlay video from the switcher itself
on your output device
- Possibly there will be amplification built in/available as an addon so you
can do distributed amplified audio
- Detect if more than 50% of the screen is green (ie sports) and
automatically switch to a more interesting tv/sky channel :-)

This is not gospel, just stuff I have gathered from various posts/emails
over the months

Tony

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com