RE: back to basics - laying cables

Hi…

Ok – I’m going to start the slow process of re-decorating my house (mid-terace brick built)

I want to lay a quantity of cable around my house – to a small cupboard in the storeroom/soon to be office /box room…

However, the partition walls in my house are brick.. not the conventional stud (they are all supporting walls)

I want to lay 8 cat 5’s in the front room.

4x in the dining room / dining kitchen

4 in the master bed room

4 in the spare room

and back to node 0 – the box room.

I also want to lay some more power cables + some speaker jack-points on the walls.

How do I go about laying the cable? – I presume I don’t just lay the cable on the wall and then plaster over it?

Is there a trunking product or conduit available for me to adhere to the wall, to drop my cables down?

Any help really appreciated

Regards,

Jonathan.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor