Re: 2.4ghz video sender IR problem

John Risby wrote:

> hi doogie,
>
> having just deleted my first response (thank god)... :)
>
> ah, i think i see what you mean. no glass doors tho, but are you saying
> that if i move the sender across the room (would need to extend the
> cable maybe?) that would give more "air space" for my main remote's
> signal?

Hmmmmmm..... lack of glass doors...... emitters are generally supposed
to let IR signals pass through them as well as transmitting themselves.
I found that mounting the emitter on my glass doors gave it a good
chance of hitting the Sky box (as long as the doors were shut..!!!!!!!)
but also allowed the remote in the living room to get passed... not sure
if it was because of angles, or because it passed through the emitter
better when it wasn't directly stuck to the Sky box.

I see that Campbell suggested a lower angle which is probably going to
be a better bet unless there's somewhere obvious you can stick it. The
other option might be the sort of emitters which Tivo supply.... they're
basically an IR LED on a plastic stick, designed to sit under or on top
of your box, and the LED hangs down or up which means it doesn't
physically cover the sensor on the box. Where you could buy those type
apart from via Tivo, I don't know though :S

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor