Re: SlimMP3 and DDAR on same network

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SlimMP3 and DDAR on same network
  • From: "james_dunn67" <james.dunn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 22:42:11 -0000

Umar,

Yes I have.  I would recommend the excellent JReceiver code written
by Sean Adams for the Rios (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jreceiver/ - this really sorts out
all the standard Sonic Blue software inadiquacies) and the SliMP3
standard software.  JReceiver was a bit fiddly to install as it
needed several tools to make it work but it was pretty solid code - I
just left it running for weeks.  I was using 0.1.8 and a part of the
web UI occasionally played up but I didn't need to see which tracks
were playing on each Rio so I didn't really care.  It never stopped
the music playing.

This all works fine on Linux at least.  I was using both concurrently
on a Celeron 1.1 RH 7.2 server for about 3 months.  It was serving 4
Rios and two SliMP3s.  It now server 6 SliMP3s and oly hits 25%
utilisation when all 6 are playing different tracks!

Afraid I've stopped using the JReceiver now as I've upgraded to all
SliMP3s.  Much prefered the ergonomics on the SliMP3s - you can read
the display from much more than 6 inches for one thing and they
include sychronised playing.

Cheers,

James