WIFI Buy Update 1

The vendor has come back to me with the answers to the questions on
everyone's lips:

Q1: Will the PCI adapter take any standard 802.11b PCMCIA card or will
it only work wirh the ones you sell?
A1: IT WILL ACCEPT ANY CARD

Q2: Will the Etnernet Converter take any standard 802.11b PCMCIA card or
will it only work wirh the ones you sell?
A2: IT WILL ACCEPT ANY CARD

Q3: If the former, do you know if it will work with cisco PCMCIA cards?
A3: IT WILL WORK WITH CISCO AERONET CARDS

Q4: Is the Ethernet converter one of those with a serial port only, or
is it purely 10mpbs Ethernet->11mbps 802.11b?
A4: NO SERIAL PORT, THEY ARE EC-S AND THESE ARE JUST EC

Q5: Do you have links to specs on the devices (the ethernet converter
in particular) and/or model numbers so I can search the web for info
on them myself?
A5: WWW.WAVELAN.COM (Okay, not the best answer here, but we know what the
silver
cards are and we know the converter is the EC one, so I'll let him off -
Tony)

Q6: Are you aware if the PCMCIA cards will with with Compaq iPAQ's?
A6: I HAVE USED THE WAVELAN CARDS IN IPAQS JUST FINE.  IT HAS TO DO WITH
DRIVERS

Price wise, he will swallow the shipping charges, provided everything is
shipped without
packaging - Though strangely he is now quoting the PCI adapters as $30
instead of the $25
on his website.  I am querying this with him.
No other discounts are in the offing because the order is so small.

The list now stands as:

Who	          PCMCIA Card   PCI Adapter   Ethernet Converter
Tony Butler       1               1            1
Chris Bond        2               0            1
Kenneth Watt      1               1            0
Keith Doxey       2               0            0
Kevin Hawkins     6               0            1
Kieran Broadfoot  1               0            1
Jon Fautley       2               1            0
Mark Hopley       3               1            0
Craig Callander   2               0            0
Paul Murgatroyd   2               1            0

Please let me know if there are any additions/changes to this by Friday.

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com