Connecting two home networks together?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Connecting two home networks together?
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:19:19 +0100

As part of a combined HA strategy a friend and I spent today trying to
bridge two networks together with a wireless LAN link. We've got it
routing the TCP/IP packets successfully (pings seem successful), but
browsing the network is somewhat hit and miss (sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't). We're doing this all internally in one location
until we get it working when we'll extend it to the antenna's on our
roofs.

Any ideas what s/w we should be using to share an internet connection
at either end of the 2 LANs across both of the networks?

I've been using SyGate to share my modem connection up 'til now but it
really doesn't look up to the job, although we didn't get too far in
that direction before calling it a day.

Stuart

PS - the pictures of all the test wiring are likely to be hilarious as
we had to spread out across 2 rooms upstairs! <LOL>
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx