RE: Tivo stream extraction

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Tivo stream extraction
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:32:28 +0100

All, Sorry for the cross post but in case we have any Tivo owners in the
main forum who haven't registered in the UKHA_Tivo list I thought I'd
bring this to your attention!

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D

I=92ve pulled my finger out and produced a first draft of the relevant
instructions for Video Extraction from the UK PAL Tivo. I=92ve also
collected all the relevant tools and uploaded them to the UKHA_Tivo
files area along with the instructions. I=92ll reiterate that none of this
is my work, I=92ve just spent weeks trying different methods and tools and
have found that this combination works.

I=92d welcome any early adopters of the Turbonet install to give the
instructions a test but I=92m fairly confident I=92ve pretty much covered
everything. Be warned that the process looks horrendously complicated.
It really isn=92t once you=92ve done it a couple of times. The main bug
bare(?) is the amount of time taken to encode the mpeg file.

All the steps up to the encoding don=92t have any impact on the final
quality (I think) and it is the final process of encoding in TMPGenc
that determines the final format and quality of the output file. I
included the settings that I seem to have settled on, but I=92d welcome
any further information once you guys start experimenting with the
different quality settings.

Cheers
Don