-----------------
From: Justin justin@xxxxxxx Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:12:36 +0100
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Dallas temp sensors

Paul,

I know this won't be any good for you (Canadian distributor & build it
yourself) but your post reminded me of this outfit http://www.projectx.com/
(8 sensor board for $31). I thought it might be of interest to others
though.

Like you, I am making do with 4 port Quasar temp board. If I knew what I was
doing I would have a go at building a parallel port controlled serial
switcher. Ian Birds reply to my splitting serial cable post (thanks Ian!)
and this HS thread
http://homeseer.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=697298074&f=6302952361&m=5472956675 got me thinking about that. Hmmm!

Having said that, I took delivery of an 8 port serial card last week so lack
of ports isn't a problem at the moment :-) It does mean I'm retiring my SIIG
2 port card though, if you (or anyone else) interested!

Justin.