RE: Two things

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Two things
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:36:02 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Timothy Morris wrote:

> I've now looked at the document and am none-the-wiser.

The technical notes was part of the Swish product documentation and wasn't
meant for end users.

> do it this way, how could I use say an X10 appliance module to achieve
> discreet control, and can I turn off the built-in dusk to dawn feature?

If you are using merely an AM12U Appliance Module (or a single UM506
Universal Module), you can't have discrete open and close control but only
toggle control. If two UM506 Universal Modules (dry contact relay modules,
no voltage present) are used, each wired to the SK3 Control A (2) and
Control B (3) and 0V (4) respectively, discrete open and close may be
achieved.

Alternatively, a couple of relays connected to two HomeVision output port
pins can also be used instead of UM506s.

There is a third alternative, and that is to use the relay modules that
Phil ("Bargain") and John (Hill) are developing based on the design of
someone else.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx Laser Business Systems Ltd.