Powermid/Tivo Problems

I posted to the UKHA_D Tivo group earlier about my new Tivo and one of the
problems I've had is unreliable repeating of the Tivo IR with a pair of
powermids.
All other devices work quite happily with the powermids, and I belive pronto
CCF files for the Tivo work fine, but pronto has a low WAF so I really need
to be able to use a 'proper' remote for ther Tivo.

I had a quick scoot around tivocommunity.com reveals that ppl have variously
reported powermids to always work, to never work, to work if they press the
key twice.
It's frustrating to say the least to have so many different results reported
:-(

Anyway, I thought this was more properly the group to mention it rather than
the TiVo spin-off as so many of you have experience of IR distribution
issues and I'm sure all the UKHA tivo commmunity are here anyway....

First of all, I'm wondering why this is an issue at all - if the pronto tivo
commands work fine then the tivo peanut commands should work too.
The LED on the powermid always lights up when I press a peanut button, so it
is receiving the tivo signal okay....

I've got a couple of powermids dotted about the place and I don't really
want to have to replace them just to get this working right.
I don't mind installing a little low cost additional device so long as it
doesn't interfere with the current setup.
I could bung in something wired if I really had to as I have a 'spare' CAT5
cable that could carry the signals, but would prefer wireless...

Anyone got any suggestions, preferably on how to get the existing setup to
be more reliable?

cheers,

Tony.

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com