RE: domestic appliances review

>Well it serves you right for buying the most gorgeous hob on God's earth
IMO! BTW, it's a P705 five burner job I take it.

Damn, I knew something so sexy would be problematic :-)
Yeah, it's a 5 burner jobbie.  I couldn't remember if it was 75 or 705 -
when we were buying it a couple of years ago, there was supposed to be a
replacement/update due v.soon because of some 'issues' with the original.
This never materialised in the timeframe we needed it in, so we ended up
with the original.  Maybe we're paying for it now :(

>The Piano range is not seen that often and that's your problem there, just
down to cost really it's only the snobs that buy them ;)

Now now, no casting asparagus on my character - as well u know from the may
meet, I'm no snob!

>Kidding aside though, AIUI, most of the Piano range spares are pretty
unique to that one range and most would be a factory order, especially if
>they have never used them or have no usage history on the parts. We are
finding that's an increasing problem, as in the computer stock management
>says that "one" is a year's stock, but we hit eighteen months on the street
and hit a run of that part failing...oops! Computers are no substitute >for
humans in some respects ;)

Oh good - not :[

>The staying lit problem sounds as if the earthing on the thermocouples
isn't right or they are faulty. I have no idea what's melted,
>IIRC from the training stuff there's bog all to melt and in a hob (you know
heat and all that!) it's a bit silly to have something
>as fragile in it and very unlike Smeg IME.

Just spoke to swmbo - it's the gas jet that's buggered on the rapid burner
apparently.  And the guy who called all those months ago fiddled with
something that should have sorted the staying lit problem, but only made it
slightly better for a wee while.  Still < 70% success rate at getting more
than 1 lit without having to try 3 or 4 times :-((

>Phone Tamsen, tell her Kenneth @ NW in Scotland told you to call her as
she'd sort the problem and she will sort it for you as best she can.

Have passed the info onto SWMBO thanks, but the no she phoned (I found on a
smeg website IIRC) originally is different to that you gave me, so perhaps
they know nowt about it?
OTOH, if this place is _the_ Smeg service centre, then presumably the order
would have to go through them so they should know what the story is.....

cheers,

Tony

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com