Re: OT Convert laptop screen to flat monitor?

Stuart I belive it is possible but you need a special  video card to drive
it

Reply from a guy who I saw doing it in a picture on case mods i think

Hi!

Everybody wanted to know, but it is a great disapppointment to
realize: it is impossible to make without a special video card. They
all thought it is just about wiring....

I have purchased a PCIx690 graphic card from Densitron International
(Trixel ltd, Hungary)
I am sure, you also could find a local distributor or another company
(eg. SAGE) that produce the card you need.
My card has a TMDS (PanelLink) and a TTL rgb output besides the
normaL vga. It is a simple card, with 2MB onboard memory (non-
expandable) and without 3d support.
I recommend you to purchase a LVDS-output and ttl rgb, because this
PanelLink is very rare among display inputs.
I have used a Toshiba 12 zoll display, TFT 800x600x18bit colors and
the exact type is: ltm12c263. It is a simple, ttl rgb input display,
pruchased from a local second-hand computer shop, from a laptop with
dead MoBo.

Be careful, that the drive type of your display must match the output
of the video card - TTL RGB (tft or dstn), odd-even TTL RGB,
LVDS, TMDS, DVI

If you had any further questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Udv:
    BBalazs

http://www.szote.u-szeged.hu/phys/bbalazs/bbalazs.htm

His email is >>> BBALAZS@xxxxxxx
Feel free to ask him questions.

HTH

Steve D

"Regular people say 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Engineers say: 'If it
ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.'"