RE: another [OT] beg....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: another [OT] beg....
  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:40:10 +0100

Ebay is your best bet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 June 2002 9:26 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] another [OT] beg....

Chaps,

Now I'm after a source for some cheap DLT IV tapes.

ISTR a couple of people had some suggestions/offers last year when I was
after DLT's, but then I was after DLTIII tapes (15/30), so the IV's
weren't
any good to me, as my DLTIII drive would not use them...

Typically, I've now been able to "acquire" a DLTIV drive! and onl= y have
DLTIII tapes, - which I can use, but a few 15GB tapes aren't much help
when
trying to backup nearly 200GB of MP3's!!

These things are (I think) about =A340 a pop to buy new, and I need about 10
of them!

Any IT Guys regularly throw them away as part of a rotation cycle? ;-)

TIA

Paul G.

Incidentally, this means I may have a DLTIII tape drive going begging if
anyone's interested...

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/te= rms/

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk