RE: OT: IE6 - cack?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: IE6 - cack?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:35:09 -0000

> Is it me, or is IE6 really a steaming pile of doo-doo?
>
> Not a day goes by without at least one of those damned
> "Internet Explorer
> has a problem and needs to close" boxes popping up and killing
all my
> browser instances. - the other day I was able to reproduce it
> at will just
> by using the scroll-bar down the right hand side...
>
> (bag of shite!
>
> That's progress for you I guess?

I have few issues with I.E.6 but I do have issues with Outlook XP and
attachments.

I had an email today which had an attached PDF ... In my inbox there was
no paperclip icon next to its entry. When I opened the email there was
nothing to say there was an attachment. The only way I could get to the
attachment was by knowing it was there and doing a "File/Save
Attachments" to get the thing saved to my desktop!

I also hate the way that it tries to stop you getting to attachments
normally too ... I'm not a complete prick (although some of you may wish
to debate that), I have virus checkers running on incoming and outgoing
email plus files read from and written to the hard disc (which includes
temporary extracted files) and the definition files are updated daily
.... If there's a virus there I'm fairly certain that I'll pick it up
before it kills my machine!

Phil