Homeseer & WAP & Windows 98 !

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Homeseer & WAP & Windows 98 !
  • From: "ingha_j" <james.ingham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:48:58 -0000

All

Anyone have any advice how to get Homeseer working on WAP ON WINDOWS
98??

I've tried and tried this, but all the solutions people have
documented on the Web seem to requier the use of DCOM... which is
fine, except that DCOM doesn't seem to work properly on WIndows 98..
the only solution I've had is from Jez on the Homeseer forums, who
told me how to do it, but this requires Metaedit, which for some
reason doesn't work on my PC (got the right version of Metaedit, but
when I try to run it I get an error message saying 'Cannot initialise
ActiveX component' or something... have tried Microsoft Knowledge
base to resolve this but little luck!!)

Surely this can't be that difficult (even though I am not at all
technical!)..if I could get Homeseer to say monitor a text file and
turn things on and off based on the contents of the text file, and
then find a way of getting wap to change the contents of a text
file??)

Any help gratefully received !!

Best
James